Please consider volunteering to help at the STICH dinner this Thursday Oct. 20
Thank you to those who already signed up for this week.
Sign up at www.stichsupperclub.ca/volunteer-sign-up
Unifor and Operation Sharing will be hosting a free turkey dinner at Unifor Hall on Thanksgiving Monday.
WOODSTOCK – A big Thanksgiving feast will be held at Unifor Hall on Beale Street once again.
Unifor has been hosting this free dinner over the past 18 years, and Operation Sharing has been co-hosting it since 2012.
Recreation Chair Scott Bradford tells Heart FM what’s on the menu.
“Roast turkey, potatoes, vegetables, stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce; all the goodies. We also offer desserts in the form of pies and I do try to pick up some ice cream bars for the kids and things like that.”
The Salvation Army has donated 18 turkeys for the meal, which usually serves about 300 people each year.
Bradford says they are also always looking for volunteers to help clean up.
“Generally we have had people that have helped out that day in the afternoon getting things ready and cleaned up so we appreciate that as well”
The doors will open on Thanksgiving Monday at 12pm with the meal starting at 1pm and wrapping up at 3pm. Woodstock Taxi can drive people to the meal if you call them ahead of time 519-537-5500.
Give thanks by volunteering.
We appreciate those who have already signed up
Please sign up at www.stichsupperclub.ca/volunteer-sign-up
- Unifor Local 88 for donating the use of the hall along with the bar and bartender.
- Henry Zomer for generously donating the use of his roaster for the event
- Arnold Kikkert for donating the hardwood needed for the roaster and delivering the roaster to the union hall
- Gerry Brekelmans for the donation of the pig.
- Meidema’s Butcher for butchering the pig.
- Dan Borthwick, Unifor Local 88 President, for picking up and delivering the pig from the butcher.
- Rob Farrow and Rob Jones for doing the actual roasting, all day long in the cold and rain!
- Linda Smith for being at the union hall all day during the roasting (and the night before for prep) for doing much of the set up
- Deb Winn for helping us move the roaster into a spot more conducive for the fellows doing the roasting.
- Rob White for setting up the tables in the union hall.
- Kevin Hutchinson, the union hall bartender for all the assistance given, wherever needed.
- Unifor Local 2163 Women’s Committee for several door prizes and time volunteered
- Your Independent Grocer for giving us 100 kaiser rolls at cost
- Lisa Baldwin, Norwex Representative for her donation of a basket of cleaning products for a door prize
- Diana Daly, Dee-Lightful Sheets Representative for her donation of a set of sheets for a door prize.
- Ingersoll Rent All for the donation of a door prize
- Ingersoll Pharma-Save for the donation of a basket for a door prize
- Bank of Montreal, Woodstock branch for the donation of a door prize
- All those who purchased tickets and came out for a great meal!
- And so many others who came together to do their part to make this day a success!